Pages - CombatCritic's "TravelValue"
- TravelValue: England
- TravelValue: Bella Napoli (Naples, Italy)
- TravelValue: Portugal
- TravelValue: France
- TravelValue: The Culinary Capital Of The World - L...
- TravelValue: Israel
- TravelValue: Malta
- TravelValue: Matera, Italy (UNESCO World Heritage ...
- TravelValue: Colorado
- TravelValue: Missouri
- TravelValue: Top Destinations Around The World
- TravelValue: U.S. Hotels
- TravelValue: Hotels Of The World
- CombatCritic's Favorite Recipes
- CombatCritic's "Travel Tech"
Follow Me To TravelValue!
Olhão (Faro), Portugal: Playa - Mediocre Service, Overpriced Food , and Small Portions Left Me Unimpressed ... FOOAH!
Playa (Mexican) Avenida 5 de Outubro Marina Ria Center 8700-408 Olhão Portugal +351 289 705 254 eqr playa.pt/en Prices: €€ €€ MENUS BELOW A...
Thursday, November 22, 2012
CombatCritic's Favorite Recipes: Tantalizing Tahini and Hummus
Tahini can be prepared homemade or purchased at a Middle Eastern grocer in a can. It is called tahini or tahina, depending on the region.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
· 5 cups sesame seeds
· 1 1/2 cups olive oil or vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350. Toast sesame seeds for 5-10 minutes, tossing the seeds frequently with a spatula. Do not allow to brown. Cool for 20 minutes.
Pour sesame seeds into food processor and add oil. Blend for 2 minutes. Check for consistency. The goal is a thick, yet pourable texture. Add more oil and blend until desired consistency.
Yield: 4 cups
Tahini should be stored in the refrigerator in a tightly closed container. It will keep for up to 3 months.
2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, half the liquid reserved
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup tahini
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper and cumin to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1. In a blender, chop the garlic. Pour garbanzo beans into blender, reserving about a tablespoon for garnish. Put lemon juice, tahini, chopped garlic, and salt in blender. Add salt gradually as the blending occurs. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
2. To adjust the texture between creamy and more solid, vary the amount of liquid you drain from the can. The more liquid the creamier.
3. Transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl and store the rest in your freezer. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top. Garnish with a few garbanzo beans.
Serve with baked pita chips or fresh vegetables...ENJOY!
Title: Middle-Eastern Staples ... Tahini and Hummus
Key Words: Middle Eastern appetizer tahini tahina dip pita sesame seeds food processor Hummus lemon cloves garlic cumin garbanzo beans garnish lemon juice garlic blend salt pepper olive oil,