4 Large Poblano Chiles
1 Pound Queso Fresco (Cheese)
1 Tablespoon Flour
1 Cup Oil
4 Medium Roma Tomatoes (Halved)
1 Cup Water
2 Garlic Cloves (Peeled and Chopped)
1 Tablespoon Chicken broth powder
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon chopped oregano leaves
- Heat grill to medium.
- Grill and char the chiles on both sides.
- Once blackened put in a plastic bag for 10 minutes to sweat out moisture.
- Remove from bag, slit down the middle, and remove seeds.
- Stuff peppers with the queso fresco and use toothpicks to hold together.
- Separate egg yolks from the whites.
- Add egg whites to a large bowl, reserving the egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites with electric beater until fluffy.
- Add flour and egg yolks, mixing thoroughly.
- Add oil to a frying pan (medium heat).
- Dip the stuffed peppers into the batter and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil and place on serving platter.
- Add tomatoes and water to small pot (medium heat).
- Simmer until soft, stirring in garlic and chicken broth powder.
- Add the 1/4 cup oil to a frying pan (low heat)
- Stir in flour to make roux (flour and fat) mixture.
- Cook the until browned, then add tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add oregano.
- Pour tomato sauce over chile rellenos on serving platter.
Title: CombatCritic's Favorito Recipes: Great Chili Rellenos ... Olè!
Key Words: Chili Relleno, chili, relleno, rellenos, recipe, Poblano, pepper, Mexican, Mexico, Spanish, food, recipes, CombatCritic, TravelValue, travel, value, review, Yelp, Zomato, Tabelog